Re: Please help with a security question........

From: Shenan Stanley (
Date: 08/29/05

Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:18:28 -0500

The Admiral wrote:
> Please help with a security question....
> Recently, after an update to my Windows XP Home SE, every time I try
> to open a file (ie mp3, bat, etc) I get a "Open File - Security
> Waring".
> Is there a way to disable this stupid window?

Where are the files? If on a network - you may have to add that machine to
your trusted zones.

Shenan Stanley
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Relevant Pages

  • [NT] Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (MS04-025)
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... * Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Service Pack 6a ... Navigation Method Cross-Domain Vulnerability ...
  • [NT] Vulnerability in HTML Help Allows Code Execution (MS05-001)
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... * Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 and Microsoft Windows XP Service ...
  • Re: The Myth of the secure Mac
    ... OEM Windows XP Home goes for a bit under $100. ... >> secure than Home. ... Though this really has nothing to do with security. ... Microsoft counts on third-party developers to provide more ...
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter # 149
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... EveryBuddy Long Message Denial Of Service Vulnerability ... Intellitactics Network Security Manager ... Windows operating systems. ...
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #120
    ... Strengthening Network Security: FREE Guide Network security is a ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... Microsoft Windows File Protection Signed File Replacement... ... PlatinumFTPServer Information Disclosure Vulnerability ...