Re: xp asks for password...

From: Galen (galennews_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/29/05

Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:02:31 -0400

In news:03604205-F160-4F73-AB7B-931E352ECD31@microsoft.com,
Ash <Ash@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> hi experts,
>
> had sp2 and other updates installed.
> uninstalled most of them because...well because i was trying to
> install older software that worked before sp2 was installed..
>
> anyway, now big problem. suddenly xp asks for password to logon, and
> this is really strange, cos i have never in my life had a password
> for my computer.
>
> so obviously no matter what i enter, the computer asks politely if
> i've forgotten the password....
>
> what to do? big problem. please help.
>
> thanks...

Have you tried leaving it blank? If that didn't work then go ahead and kill
the password, log on as admin, and then change the password for your
account.

Password Problems :
http://kgiii.info/windows/2k-XP/security/password_problems.html

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

Relevant Pages

  • Re: better luck smoking
    ... the thin metal in an R2D2 or fire pan. ... ash drains a little more. ... caused a nice whirlwind which got the coals lit. ... had 1 hold in the bottom). ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)
  • For Brian: A couple of new tricks...to me, at least
    ... tapping the bowl after each pinch is added to settle the tobacco. ... Bottom cake is an obsession of mine. ... loose ash, but lately I've been keeping it in the bowl. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • "restricted site" or "unknown zone(mixed)" with "Page can not be displayed.
    ... this long time problem of "Page Can Not be Displayed....." ... SP2) showing at bottom the red circle with white neg sign with either ... it will then say "unknown Zone" at bottom of window ...
  • Re: xp asks for password...
    ... Ash had this to say: ... My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: ... > computer has french version of xp. ... > hope that doesnt change anything. ...
  • Re: OE with XP SP2
    ... If using XP SP2 and Tools, Options, Read, Read All Message In Plain Text is selected, ... then attached images are not automatically displayed at the bottom of the message. ... Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm "Judy Bednar" wrote in message ... > Now, if someone sends me a jpeg file, that always used to show at the bottom of the post> it no longer shows. ...