Re: Calcs Command

johnsmith_at_microsoft.com
Date: 08/29/05

Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 04:56:51 GMT

In <AA9BD757-3A7C-48E3-BAE0-5B7354D8E551@microsoft.com>, "=?Utf-8?B?QW5hcw==?=" <Anas@discussions.microsoft.com> writes:
>Dear colleagues,
>I need to apply the ACL usig command line with inherit for the upper
>permissions.
>how can i do that using the calcs command...
>I did for example:
>calcs (file name) /g everyone:f
>but how shall I apply it for all folders and subfolders?

Type cacls.exe ? to get the explanation of the switches.

Reverse the command you issued and re-issue it as follows:-

cacls filename /t /e /r everyone
cacls filename /t /e /g everyone:f

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Question from the ADO.NET Team
    ... > We are interested in hearing some opinions on a change we've been ... > Currently most classes in ADO.NET such connection, command, datareader, ... > parameters, etc. inherit from MarshalByValueComponent, MarshalByRefObject ...
  • Re: Is this .Dispose worth doing?
    ... I never make a command or things like that global. ... However than you can for the same sake declare it ... From that most classes inherit as ... Except of course when they are overridden with an extra function, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • RE: WMP11 not adding files from my external Hard Drive
    ... that folder in your command prompt. ... /R user Revoke specified user's access rights. ... Wildcards can be used to specify more that one file in a command. ... CI - Container Inherit. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Question from the ADO.NET Team
    ... > the fact that we inherit from those, but we don't want to make a change ... > - Do you rely on the fact that connection, command and adapter inherit from ...
  • Re: Is it valid to use "delete this" to implement IUnknown::Release()?
    ... > I use the "delete this" command to implement my base COM class's ... > ULONG STDMETHODCALLTYPE CBaseUnknown::Release{ ... > COM,does the "Release" function can delete the inherit class's ... Make sure the destructor is virtual (declare it virtual in CBaseUnknown) ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)