Re: Unable to download PDF files from webpage.

From: Shenan Stanley (newshelper_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/28/05

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 20:20:27 -0500

ozhog wrote:
> I am running XP SP2 with Kerio personal firewall and Avast antivirus.
> As far as I know I am allowing all downloads through the security
> settings in IE6, however when I click on a link ( with or without
> holding down the CTRL button) for a PDF file all I get is a new page
> opening with an image placegetter in the top left hand corner of the
> page. I have tried stopping the anti-virus, but that didn't help. Any
> ideas please.

So.. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Adobe Acrobat?

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

  • Re: Unable to download PDF files from webpage.
    ... >> I am running XP SP2 with Kerio personal firewall and Avast antivirus. ... >> As far as I know I am allowing all downloads through the security ...
  • Unable to download PDF files from webpage.
    ... I am running XP SP2 with Kerio personal firewall and Avast antivirus. ... as I know I am allowing all downloads through the security settings in IE6, ...
  • Re: SP2 is too restrictive...
    ... >> Keep up with the times and SP2 increased security features. ... >> (applies to IE downloads and streaming media) ... >> Detailed description of the data execution prevention feature in Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: CLEAN INSTALL, SP1 AND 2, FOLLOWED BY PROTECTION
    ... Did you disable the Messenger service? ... This has proven to be challenging because I was bombarded so heavily by popups and phantom downloads so much, I redid the clean install at least 3 times yesterday! ... I think I know that SP1 and SP2 are essential, and upon encountering the SP1 download yesterday, I saw that it's been changed to SP1a. ... In any case, downloading SP1a and then SP2 were good at about an 8.5 clip on a scale of 1-10, 10 being best, because both downloads hung toward the end. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Upgrade to English
    ... Vielen dank für deine Antwort. ... Übrigens habe ich eine andere Lösung gefunden: ... (vielleicht ja etwas unsichere als die SP2?) ... das Thema mit dem File Downloads über https war gegessen! ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.inetexplorer.ie6)