Block access to My Computer

From: magne (magne.1udd1x_at_pcbanter.net)
Date: 08/26/05

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 07:33:36 +0000

I have a network with Server 2003 as domain controller, AD
The clients are running XP.
The clients should only be allowed to run one application, and should
not be allowed to access the files on the computer. I.E. he should not
be allowed to run My Computer (or Windows Explorer (File manager)). In
the user policy I can remove My computer (Windows explorer) from the
desktop and startmenu, but I have not figured out how I can remove the
keyboard shorcut to My Computer.

--
magne

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Client performance problem windows 2003 server...
    ... >Subject: Re: Client performance problem windows 2003 server... ... >Deploying Active Directory for Branch Office Environments ... >results from not having a domain controller in a particular site. ... incorrectly applied site coverage will be bad for clients ...
  • Re: Client performance problem windows 2003 server...
    ... Testing server: Verkstadsgatan\VERKTYG ... Deploying Active Directory for Branch Office Environments ... results from not having a domain controller in a particular site. ... incorrectly applied site coverage will be bad for clients ...
  • Netlogon 5783
    ... For about there mounts I<m having small network problem, with clients, that ... The session setup to the Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller ... On DC1r there is Exchange 2000 server, witch is Exchange system manager is ... The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Getting tons of topology discovery errors.
    ... I've since converted the exchange server into an active ... All Domain Controller ... >>>"NSPI Proxy can contact Global Catalog ... New clients will be refused ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Not receiving Group Policies with errors Userenv 1054 and Userinit 1000
    ... Windows 2K Server SP4 as Domain Controller, ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP clients. ...