Re: Wireless Networks

From: Doug Knox MS-MVP (dknox_at_mvps.org)
Date: 08/24/05

Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 22:53:18 -0400

Make them members of the Network Configuration Operators group. They can be Power Users and NCO's, at the same time.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Carl Hilton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eib8qA0pFHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I am assuming that to connect to a wireless network requires admin
> priviliges? Is there a workaround... I want my users that travel to be able
> to connect to hotel wireless networks.. I know the security hazards involved
> in connecting to public networks with laptops that will be re-connected to
> the corporate network.
>

> Carl

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to: GP to enable user to change
    ... you can add the user to the network ... configuration operators group. ... --- Steve ... > Laptop users are set up as restricted users so they can't install programs, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: File sharing - Urgent
    ... A Description of the Network Configuration Operators Group ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking) ...
  • Re: Allow an normal user to repair their network connection.
    ... Try adding the user/group to the network configuration operators group on ... their computer but beware that will also allow then to reconfigure tcp/ip if ...
  • Re: Setting Up Network Security
    ... I have two computers able to access the network through MAC Filter ... how can I secure the wireless network more? ... I want to set the encryption to WPA2 - PSK with AES (I know the PSK is ...
  • Re: Setting Up Network Security
    ... I currently have Broadcast SSID set to disabled ... I have two computers able to access the network through MAC Filter ... how can I secure the wireless network more? ... I want to set the encryption to WPA2 - PSK with AES (I know the PSK is ...