Re: user desktops

From: Galen (galennews_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/23/05

Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 07:58:22 -0400

In news:4AB569DD-25EC-4298-A2C8-96FA7105C69B@microsoft.com,
BigSteve911 <BigSteve911@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> How do I, as an administrator in win xp pro, delete desktop items from
> limited user accounts? It always tells me i can't.

You shouldn't have to but you can try taking ownership:

How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&sd=tech

Galen

--
"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Relevant Pages

  • Re: deleting images ( access denied error )
    ... > tried taking ownership of the files as you suggested and the problem ... >> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: ... >> "My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: Logon
    ... My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: ... > Thanks for the very useful reference. ... > have 3 users to do copy files to a new user profile. ... don't have permission to do so and so you'll need to take ownership of the ...