XP Firewall turned off in GPO but still blocks programs

From: Bruce Musgrove (blackhole26removeme_at_comcast.net)
Date: 08/23/05

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 18:27:34 -0500

I have XP Firewall turned off by Group policy, yet it still pops up and me
about blocking certain programs. Mainly I see it on DPMS.EXE right after
installing Novell. I go to control panel and check the firewall and it says
it is turned off by GPO.......

Any ideas why?

I am confused ;)

--
Bruce M

Relevant Pages

  • XP Firewall diabled by GPO, but still asks about blocking programs.
    ... I have XP Firewall turned off by Group policy, yet it still pops up and me ... about blocking certain programs. ... I go to control panel and check the firewall and it says ... Cedar Hill. ...
  • Re: Access denied to Control Panel applets!
    ... GPO's - making sure to refresh and running gpresult to see which OU it said ... must be a huge f_ck up in active directory group policy - wherever it stores ... indicate a GP is applying those restrictions to his user account. ... that much - nothing for the control panel etc... ...
  • Re: Access denied to Control Panel applets!
    ... scripts assigned to him in his user account properties that could be ... I assume that gpresult showed exactly the same Group Polices applied ... registry entry in question and the Group Policy applying it. ... that much - nothing for the control panel etc... ...
  • Re: Group Policy, Control Panel, and Network Places
    ... control panel from authenticated users. ... I have two client computers on my ... These are virtual machines, ... I decided to undo the two group policy changes mentioned above; ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Group Policy, Control Panel, and Network Places
    ... control panel from authenticated users. ... I have two client computers on ... I decided to undo the two group policy changes mentioned above; ... Steve Foster [SBS MVP] ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)