RE: Changing User profile name

From: Tom C. (
Date: 08/21/05

Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 23:37:25 -0700

To change the user name on xp pro w/ sp2 the start menu and click run copy
the following into it and hit enter %SystemRoot%\system32\compmgmt.msc /s
then go to local users and groups and double click it and double click on
users then select the user name you would like to change and right mouse
click and select rename type the name you want and hit enter. The change
takes effect immediately.

Relevant Pages

  • >>XP Pro & 2k Pro cant access XP Home<<
    ... access to the Home from the Pro, ... When I try to map a drive from the prompt (on Pro & ... So if I just hit enter w/o entering a password on XP, ... map in gui, it asks for a password with the username ...
    ... bestowed that $60M deal from Nike before he ever hit a shot as a pro? ... He has never had to worry about a check once in his career. ...
  • Re: The Transition--the last hurdle
    ... >>>an advance move like the transition. ... >>- with one pro making it a bit stronger and another a bit weaker. ... > better when the student hit balls. ... > Typically that pattern repeats for as many as 6 lessons if the ...
  • [SLE] Machine hangs on heavy network traffic
    ... I've got a machine running SuSE 9.2 Pro that hangs hard -- i.e., ... have to hit the reset button -- whenever I've got a lot of outgoing ...
  • Re: lost log on to windows xp
    ... > If you scrool down to safe mode then hit enter. ... >> I have a home computer with windows xp pro. ... That only works if the OP didn't assign a password to the Administrator ...