Changing User profile name

From: Norman (
Date: 08/21/05

Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 15:32:01 -0700

Is it possible to change the name of a user profile on XP home sp2 I log in
as administrator, and the profile that I want to change has the two options
delete and copy greyed out. I go into C:\Documents and Settings and try to
rename the profile folder and get the message that it is a system folder and
can't be renamed.
does anyone have any suggestions ?
Thank you

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Network Properties screw up
    ... > You could manually copy the old profile folder to the new profile ... > the old installation had. ... I was able to reset the administrator password by ...
  • Re: administrator
    ... While you can rename a user account, it will always still use the old userID in anything it has already created, like the path in documents and settings. ... Then highlight the profile with your sons name and copy it over the profile with your name on it. ... cannot see how I can delete his name when he is no longer an administrator ...
  • RE: Very strange admin account rename issue
    ... Removed the profile, and the Administrator profile magically disappeared! ... Then with another admin account, ... But normally when I rename the admin account, call it LMNOP, ...
  • Re: extra admin folders
    ... My point was if I renamed the reg values to ADMINISTRATOR and made the ... folder, that would make it like it was originally. ... rename the first two first folders. ... I would create a backup profile with Admin rights before ...
  • Re: Administrator profile missing; Restore system do not function
    ... When I logged on (administrator account) I got this message, ... cannot load the users profile but has logged you on with the default ... they were simply directed at a new profile folder. ...