Re: Blaster Worm Help-URGENT

From: Gordon (gordon_at_gbpcomputing.co.uk.invalid)
Date: 08/20/05

Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 22:39:20 -0000

Perry wrote:
> David,
> Thank you for your repsonse. The reason why I think I have this
> worm, is because when windows starts up, immediately a window opens
> up with RPC notifying me that windows will shut down in 48 seconds or
> so. Once this happens, it also locks me from any further functions
> including the start button, and including the task manager.

There is a command you can issue from the "Start-Run" line.
Go to Start-Run and type in "cmd" without the quotes. Then type
"shutdown -a" again without the quotes. That will stop the count-down to
shutdown.
Then you can download the Blaster removal patch.

HTH

Relevant Pages

  • Re: os.popen3 with windows; help?
    ... Fails on Windows. ... Putting double quotes around the path to the executable works so long as ... That was in reference to using xpa to send file names to ds9. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Auto Restore Point?
    ... Using quotes will prevent notepad from adding .TXT extension. ... Windows XP Troubleshooting ... The script is working anyways. ... >> If no System Restore point exists for the current day, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cant get to the troubleshoot page
    ... when you try to register it you will see a popup window that has ... (w/o the quotes). ... You should see a popup message that this process ... Now try the Windows Update site and see if you get the same error. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Upgrading
    ... with Media Center 2005 will *not* be able to use extender devices due to the ... select 'Microsoft Windows Recovery Console' ... Type (without quotes) and press enter: 'copy SYSTEM C:\' ... select 'Windows XP Media Center Edition' ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • RE: Joining a Domain after initial setup
    ... Acknowledge prompt by clicking 'Yes'. ... At boot menu, select 'Microsoft Windows Recovery Console' ... Type (without quotes) and press enter: 'copy SYSTEM C:\' ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)