copy recent updates to CD?

From: behemoth (bogusaddress_at_fakemail.net)
Date: 08/18/05

    Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 17:46:31 -0400

    When the most recent batch of Windows updates became available about ten
    days ago, I downloaded them to my desktop. However, my son was negligent
    in downloading them to his laptop. In light of the most recent worm
    outbreak, I am wondering if it is wise to attempt to do it now, or will his
    laptop get infested with the worm while updating?

    I thought about copying the updates to a CD so he could download them
    without an internet connection. I'm not sure if this is a wise thing to
    do.

    He has XP Pro on his laptop; I have XP Home.

    Your advice is appreciated.

    behemoth

    • downloadinig/installing windows updates freezes laptops
      ... We are using WSUS to manage windows updates and usinig GPO to control how ... The laptop ... functions fine until "windows updates are available for downloading" ...
    • Re: downloadinig/installing windows updates freezes laptops
      ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... I've noticed that everytime when new windows updates are available ... I set a laptop ... functions fine until "windows updates are available for downloading" ...
    • Is this the way Windows Update is supposed to work?
      ... I was using our new laptop a few hours ago & I found it to be very slow & ... sluggish & then I noticed that it appeared to be downloading something & I ... was correct - they were Windows Updates. ...
    • Re: Is this the way Windows Update is supposed to work?
      ... Type Automatic Updates in help and review the subject. ... > I was using our new laptop a few hours ago & I found it to be very slow & ... > sluggish & then I noticed that it appeared to be downloading something & I ... > was correct - they were Windows Updates. ...
    • Re: How can I keep my ISP from downloading email to my laptop?
      ... > network in the house with a desktop computer and a laptop computer. ... > to avoid downloading email messages into my laptop when I read them so that I ... BTW is the problem that you want to send on that account only? ...