copy recent updates to CD?

From: behemoth (bogusaddress_at_fakemail.net)
Date: 08/18/05

    Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 17:46:31 -0400

    When the most recent batch of Windows updates became available about ten
    days ago, I downloaded them to my desktop. However, my son was negligent
    in downloading them to his laptop. In light of the most recent worm
    outbreak, I am wondering if it is wise to attempt to do it now, or will his
    laptop get infested with the worm while updating?

    I thought about copying the updates to a CD so he could download them
    without an internet connection. I'm not sure if this is a wise thing to
    do.

    He has XP Pro on his laptop; I have XP Home.

    Your advice is appreciated.

    behemoth