Re: Home net usersnot following the rules.

From: Treeman (Treeman.1tysgt_at_no-mx.msusenet.com)
Date: 08/18/05

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:25:05 -0500

Capelk,
A sure-fire way to prevent access;
Set-up an administrator password in the bios.
Turn off computer when not at home.
Don't forget the admin. password, without it, the computer won't boot
to Windows.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

  • Re: automatic bootup??
    ... but the registry and BIOS still scare me). ... Is there any way to change and/or delete an administrator password ... Removing the motherboard battery for several hours. ... describes a point in their life and then turning that phrase into their ...
  • Re: automatic bootup??
    ... but the registry and BIOS still scare me). ... Is there any way to change and/or delete an administrator password ... Removing the motherboard battery for several hours. ... describes a point in their life and then turning that phrase into their ...
  • Re: laptop broke
    ... My uncles laptop is broke and need some advice. ... so now I can't even reload windows xp. ... First thing is to change the BIOS to have the computer boot from the CD drive before the hard drive. ... with which you can change the Administrator password. ...
  • Re: HELP ! Admin password
    ... :> administrator password to the computers as well as ... when a manager leaves under a cloud and takes his keys ... Creating and locking away a second admin ... In your fleet of cars ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: [opensuse] Joining Windows domain during openSUSE 11.0 install
    ... I decided that I would try to see how joining an Active Directory works ... hardly going to be given the Administrator password. ... After that it requires a domain admin to add the machine ...
    (SuSE)