Re: Home net usersnot following the rules.

From: Capelk (Capelk_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/18/05

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 04:44:04 -0700

Thankz Fitz, I think I have those bases covered, but theses days one can
never be too sure. I will doubble check those items and check back here as
well, so don't be shy, if you think of any thing else let me know. Being
spied upon in ones own home is just too creepy and not just a little
frightning. I don't know if I'm too paranoid or not paranoid enugh! Again
Thanks,

--
Capelk!(still Alive)
"Fitz" wrote:
> Not sure about the answer to your question but if you're not at home, you
> might want to disable File and Printer Sharing on your computer.  Make sure
> you have a good password on your Admin accounts plus the built in
> Administrator account.  Other folks in this group will have more suggestions
> than I do.
>

> "Capelk" <Capelk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know how to tell if my personal information is being accessed
> > by
> > unautherized users of the house hold network? My son's Buddies come over
> > and
> > all have laptops with wireless adapters. I have a WEP secured setup on my
> > wireless router but that only works if the KEY is kept un-disclosed,
> > right? I
> > have had the My Network Places, and/or MSHome folders refuse to open,
> > allow
> > me access, (telling me to inform the net Admin... I am the Net Admin.), or
> > pop the not responding message in the active an title bar. Other stuff has
> > happened too, so my question is : Can an unautherized person use the HP
> > Share
> > to the Web, or the M S Remote Assistance Real1 Shoutcast, etc. to get info
> > from or control my computer? If so, how can I stop this and prevent it
> > from
> > happining again? Advanced Thanks, Capelk
> > --
> > Capelk!(still Alive)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Home net usersnot following the rules.
    ... > unautherized users of the house hold network? ... > all have laptops with wireless adapters. ... > have had the My Network Places, and/or MSHome folders refuse to open, ...
  • Home net usersnot following the rules.
    ... unautherized users of the house hold network? ... all have laptops with wireless adapters. ... have had the My Network Places, and/or MSHome folders refuse to open, allow ... (telling me to inform the net Admin... ...