Re: Cannot Delete Registry Key

From: Brian Pritts (capn.elwood_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/18/05

Date: 18 Aug 2005 04:43:11 -0700

Hey Fitz,

Yes I did try in safe mode. I have rebooted multiple times as well...

The key I am trying to delete is
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\ShudderLTD\PSGuard

If anyone has any other ideas, it would be much appreciated. This
thing is stubborn.

Thank you!

Fitz wrote:
> I didn't see in your post if you tried to delete the key while in Safe Mode.
> By the way, what is the key you're trying to delete?
>

> "Brian Pritts" <capn.elwood@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Unfortunately, I have done all of the prescribed steps. I have
> assigned full control permissions on the invalid key, and have also
> tried to take ownership of the key. For some reason, it will not allow
> me to delete it. I am an administrator on this machine, and according
> to the permissions on the bad key, I have full control. Any other
> suggestions?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cannot Delete Registry Key
    ... > Hey Fitz, ... > Yes I did try in safe mode. ... I have rebooted multiple times as well... ... >> assigned full control permissions on the invalid key, ...
  • Security in XP-Home
    ... In safe mode as Administrator I was adding a specific user ... to have Full Control permissions on the C: ... root level. ...
  • RE: message after start up, got worse
    ... after logging in as an administarator (safe mode) I ... wans unable to uncheck to the backupnotify entry, ... I tried to go to System Configuration Utility and Startup and then uncheck ... 'Administrator', ...
  • Re: WinXP-Home-Folder Access
    ... Restart your computer and boot into Safe Mode. ... Log on with an account that's a computer administrator. ... Full Control of the folder. ... Restart your computer and boot into normal mode. ...
  • Re: Safe Mode Boot Loop; Normal Boot OK
    ... in normal mode "or" ... I attempted to boot to Safe Mode to run a virus/malware ... load if logged in as Administrator (normal machine login is as a Power ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)