Re: Home net usersnot following the rules.

From: Fitz (SENDNOMAIL_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/18/05

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 04:53:02 GMT

Not sure about the answer to your question but if you're not at home, you
might want to disable File and Printer Sharing on your computer. Make sure
you have a good password on your Admin accounts plus the built in
Administrator account. Other folks in this group will have more suggestions
than I do.

"Capelk" <Capelk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to tell if my personal information is being accessed
> by
> unautherized users of the house hold network? My son's Buddies come over
> and
> all have laptops with wireless adapters. I have a WEP secured setup on my
> wireless router but that only works if the KEY is kept un-disclosed,
> right? I
> have had the My Network Places, and/or MSHome folders refuse to open,
> allow
> me access, (telling me to inform the net Admin... I am the Net Admin.), or
> pop the not responding message in the active an title bar. Other stuff has
> happened too, so my question is : Can an unautherized person use the HP
> Share
> to the Web, or the M S Remote Assistance Real1 Shoutcast, etc. to get info
> from or control my computer? If so, how can I stop this and prevent it
> from
> happining again? Advanced Thanks, Capelk
> --
> Capelk!(still Alive)

Relevant Pages

  • Home net usersnot following the rules.
    ... unautherized users of the house hold network? ... all have laptops with wireless adapters. ... have had the My Network Places, and/or MSHome folders refuse to open, allow ... (telling me to inform the net Admin... ...
  • Re: Home net usersnot following the rules.
    ... Thankz Fitz, I think I have those bases covered, but theses days one can ... >> unautherized users of the house hold network? ... >> all have laptops with wireless adapters. ... >> have had the My Network Places, and/or MSHome folders refuse to open, ...
  • Cant see other workgroup computers ???
    ... I have just chucked out two Actiontec USP 802.11b wireless adapters which ... broadband installation and upgrade to 54g standard.. ... ad-hoc two computer network. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Problems with Home Network
    ... it connects to the network and the Internet. ... configuration software installed for the wireless adapters. ... Hans-Georg ...
  • Ad Hoc wireless networking between two laptops
    ... How does one set-up two laptops to network Ad Hoc via wireless adapters? ...