Re: Digital Signatures in WinXP

From: Carey Frisch [MVP] (cnfrisch_at_nospamgmail.com)
Date: 08/18/05

Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:23:02 -0500

Description of digital certificates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q206637/

Using SelfCert to Create a Digital Certificate for VBA Projects
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q217221/

Driver Signing Registry Values Cannot Be Modified Directly in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298503/

Using SelfCert to Create Digital Certificates in a Network Environment
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=194

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
 "Robin" wrote:
| Hello all,
|
| We're upgrading our desktops to Windows XP from Windows 2000.  I'm
| testing the behavior of some of our custom Visual Basic programs and
| have noticed that I get a digital signature warning when all of our
| EXEs are started.  This is really annoying!  It didn't happen when we
| tested the apps on an XP station without the company image installed.
|
| Is the digital signature checking a setting in XP that can be turned
| off or decreased from HIGH to MEDIUM?
|
| If I have to live with signature checking, how can I get my VB apps a
| signature?  I don't want to pay VeriSign so that my users can run
| software that we own!  Is there another alternative?
|
| Thanks in advance!
| Robin

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] MSA-2524375 fraudulent digital certification updates on Windows Phone
    ... digital certificates for Windows Phone a.k.a Windows Mobile? ... which quoted Microsoft statement as per below: ... Regarding to the fraudulent digital certification on March 23rd, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Digital Certificates And Windows XP
    ... certificates for windows 2000. ... >> Can I use digital certificates with Windows XP Pro. ... >> Do I need to install a snapin for IIS? ...
  • Re: Digital Certificates And Windows XP
    ... > Can I use digital certificates with Windows XP Pro. ... Windows XP supports the use of certificates for many things. ... > Do I need to install a snapin for IIS? ...
  • Migrating from Windows NT to Windows 2000
    ... We are planning to migrating our current Windows NT ... customers, will there be any impact to the customer if we ... We are using Verisign for Digital certificates. ...
  • Re: e-signature
    ... SSO? ... Or do you mean digital signature of documents? ... Signing of documents. ... So in order to do that you need digital certificates. ...
    (Ubuntu)