Re: Brand new Dell - already infected?

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 08/17/05

    Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:51:52 -0400

    From: "bryan" <bryan@discussions.microsoft.com>

    | No. You could run Sophos and Trend Micro as a verification. The idea of
    | running in Safe
    | Mode is if there is an infector found and it is easy to remove in Safe Mode.
    | McAfee AV scan
    | found no viruses or non-viral malware -- that's good !
    |
    | ok David. I will try Sophos and Trend tonight, although I do not have Sophos
    | or Trend on my pc. Only Mcafee VirusScan, Privacy and Firewall along with
    | Spywareblaster for prevention.

    Both the Trend Micro Sysclean and the Sophos command line scanner ar in the Multi AV scanner
    utility I posted.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    • Re: Brand new Dell - already infected?
      ... You could run Sophos and Trend Micro as a verification. ... Mode is if there is an infector found and it is easy to remove in Safe Mode. ... McAfee AV scan ... I will try Sophos and Trend tonight, although I do not have Sophos ...
    • Re: ntoskml.exe Problem
      ... Normal mode ... SOPHOS - Full Scan: detected three program iinstall files - all had been used to install programs from known vendors. ... Trend Micro and Kapersky - Scan C:\Windows, ... Kapersky log is available. ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: ntoskml.exe Problem
      ... Nothing indicated bt Sophos and McAfee indicates NO problem. ... Normal mode ... | Trend Micro and Kapersky - Scan C:\Windows, ... | Kapersky log is available. ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Antivirus Solutions!
      ... >I am thinking about going with Trend Micro for my server ... >antivirus software and Sophos for my client AV protection, any thoughts, ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Do I have a worm OR virus...computer going very slow and ...
      ... I will try to use boot safe to see if I can ... I will try to use the safe program tonight....how do I find the McAfee file ... > | included a trojan. ... I am now scanning with Trend Micro but not sure I can stay ...