winxp local admins

From: georgestark (georgestark_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/17/05

    Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 03:06:26 -0700

    hi all
    I have a win2003 domain and want to lock down what winxp users can do ie
    desktop only run certain apps i have applied a group policy to an ou but want
    to install and run apps from the workstaions do i have to add the domain
    users to the winxp local admins group if so can i automate this with a policy
    or is there another way.
    thanks

    • Re: Managed Applications Not Always Installing
      ... Are the clients pointing ONLY to their LOCAL Internal DNS servers? ... In Group Policy I have created an additional group of software I want pushed out to a select group of machines, and when those machines boot up, they do not install the apps. ...
    • Re: Problems assigning apps via Policy
      ... The apps are showing up correctly in "Add/remove Programs", ... I assume the icons are in the package, ... the Windows Group Policy Guide is out from Microsoft Press!!! ... The apps are visible in "Add New ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
    • Re: desktop lockdown
      ... > services so that users at remote sites can use apps where they normally ... > which does not have the 'user config'option, i need to change the policy ... so i have created a new 'OU' and put the terminal services ... > in which i have placed the users, and then changed the OU's group policy ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Why are apps reinstalled?
      ... Group Policy is used to push out software through MSI--it is actually a pretty common method of deployment. ... The student computers are filled with tens of apps. ... These laptops are used every day by different students. ...
    • RE: workgroup set up
      ... Here is a link to using group policy for roaming profiles, ... It depends on what client apps your refering to. ... Troubleshooting Group Policy in Windows Server 2003 ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)