Re: Windows XP Backup (Software)

From: Notan (notan_at_ddress.com)
Date: 08/15/05

Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:15:19 -0600

Brandon wrote:

> I'm looking to backup my data because I almost lost all my data when computer
> failed to start. After about 10 hard power shutdowns I got my computer back
> and it said Windows XP recovered from a serious Error. I think it had
> something to either do with the hard drive or Konfabulator.
>
> So now that I bought a new hard drive, I was wondering what other backup
> programs I can get besides the backup that Windows XP offers.
>
> Does Veritas offer something for backup up Windows XP?

Veritas' backup program (Backup Exec) has evolved(?) into Backup MyPC
(http://www.stompsoft.com/backupmypc.html).

You might also consider an imaging program, such as Acronis' True Image
(http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage).

Notan

Relevant Pages

  • NewestShareware.com Issue #160
    ... Program Name - Supported Platforms - Type - Category ... Vista Smoker Pro - Windows Vista - Utilities ... Ahsay Offsite Backup Server - All - Commercial ... Download file size: 1308 K ...
    (comp.software.shareware.announce)
  • Re: Folder security. FAT to ntfs?
    ... it is recommended you backup your critical ... a clean system BEFORE you start.. ... What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2 ... application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: cant disable lycos side search, please help
    ... Locate all of the software (the installation media - CDs, ... application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... use the backup tool that comes with Windows XP: ...
  • Re: In the Shallow End
    ... by the compiler when it targets a new architecture. ... Once you understand how unix works, ... there that even Windows hasn't got. ... have no idea what a backup is. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • RE: Backup and other Questions
    ... computerized for windows xp pro. ... The registry Event logs,System files, otherwise known as the registry. ... A volume is a (hard disk, or cdrw drive or dvd drive ect,, ... Now regisry items you backup include application regisry items too,(your ...