Re: Windows XP Backup (Software)

From: Notan (
Date: 08/15/05

Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:15:19 -0600

Brandon wrote:
> I'm looking to backup my data because I almost lost all my data when computer
> failed to start. After about 10 hard power shutdowns I got my computer back
> and it said Windows XP recovered from a serious Error. I think it had
> something to either do with the hard drive or Konfabulator.
> So now that I bought a new hard drive, I was wondering what other backup
> programs I can get besides the backup that Windows XP offers.
> Does Veritas offer something for backup up Windows XP?

Veritas' backup program (Backup Exec) has evolved(?) into Backup MyPC

You might also consider an imaging program, such as Acronis' True Image

Relevant Pages

  • Issue #160
    ... Program Name - Supported Platforms - Type - Category ... Vista Smoker Pro - Windows Vista - Utilities ... Ahsay Offsite Backup Server - All - Commercial ... Download file size: 1308 K ...
  • Re: Folder security. FAT to ntfs?
    ... it is recommended you backup your critical ... a clean system BEFORE you start.. ... What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2 ... application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ...
  • Re: cant disable lycos side search, please help
    ... Locate all of the software (the installation media - CDs, ... application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... use the backup tool that comes with Windows XP: ...
  • Re: In the Shallow End
    ... by the compiler when it targets a new architecture. ... Once you understand how unix works, ... there that even Windows hasn't got. ... have no idea what a backup is. ...
  • Re: System Restore Points in Windows 2000 Pro?
    ... > I have nuked and paved my Windows 2000 Pro system and everything is going ... Use standard backup procedures or a disk imaging/cloning ... > wide range of hard drives and removable media.† ... > I am using Norton Internet Security 2005, ...