Dcom configuration

From: jb (cassy_at_skynet.be)
Date: 08/13/05

    Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 09:08:07 +0200

    Hello,

    I must confiure aopc server (Dcom) running on windowsXP Pro in a workgroup.
    I can't join this pc in domain because is a system of a third society.

    The opc client is running in a domain activ direvtory (wndows server 2003)
    Last wek this clent was running in a NT domain without problems.
    Now we are in active directory it is impossible to give autorisation to opc
    server.
    It's not possible to add a user of AD into security of OPC server.

    Have you a idea ?

    Thanks,

    Jean

    Could you send your answer also to jean.borgugnons@segal.be.

    • 800706ba RPC Unavailable with OPC
      ... We are trying to establish OPC communication between a Windows 2000 Server ... DCOM defaults are Connect/Identify with DCOM enabled. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
    • Re: making a opc client in Python and use opc server Events
      ... I have a sample code to implement opc client in Python. ... i can get all server in machine, connect to server opc, disconnect, ... print 'Init GroupEvent' ... def OnAsyncCancelComplete: ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: making a opc client in Python and use opc server Events
      ... I have a sample code to implement opc client in Python. ... i can get all server in machine, connect to server opc, disconnect, ... print 'Init GroupEvent' ... def OnAsyncCancelComplete: ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: Industrial Ethernet Implementation
      ... OPC, and basically came up with the same answer as you provided. ... hardware, not a protocol like you indicate. ... digging, but if I find a server which supports ProfiNET for example, ... Data Trax has the I/O already hammered out. ...
      (sci.engr.control)
    • Re: ABB SattLine OPC
      ... ABB server beutifully, see. ... If I try to use any of the OPC examples from the opc.dll ... I can even see the group and the tags, but when I click on any of the tags again ...
      (comp.lang.labview)