Re: Lose of hard drive space

From: peterk (peterk_at_nomalarky.net)
Date: 08/13/05

Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:08:12 -0600

right click your HD under explorer
properties............disk cleanup.............more options
system restore......cleanup
this cleans out ALL restore points except the last one.
peterk

the problem
"gets" <gets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> That may have been it. It was set to max. I don't know how it got set that
> high. Is there anyway to get back my space I lost? Thanks "petrek" for
> your
> help.
> Bob G.
>
> "peterk" wrote:
>
>> How much space have you allocated for restore points??
>> check under right click MY computer/properties/system
>> restore........click
>> your HD and then settings.
>> peterk
>>
>> --
>> It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much
>> about
>> the problem
>> "gets" <gets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > In the past week I have noticed that every time I start my system I am
>> > losing
>> > a .5 GB of space on my hard drive. I use Norton for virus protection. I
>> > have
>> > done a chkdsk with no avail. Scans show no worms, virus or any other
>> > problem.
>> > I have gone from 65 GB to 55 GB in two days.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Restore Point
    ... The last restore point that I created was on June 27th. ... desktop to a plain folder instead of the icon I put on the folder a few weeks ... "peterk" wrote: ... Today, for the first time ever, I needed to restore my ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: getting rid of W95/Weird.10240
    ... reboot into normal XP ... turn on system restore and create a new restore point ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Lose of hard drive space
    ... your HD and then settings. ... I use Norton for virus protection. ...