Re: Spyware or Virus?

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 08/12/05

Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:03:45 -0400

From: "Georgia" <Georgia@discussions.microsoft.com>

| When i attempt to use windows update I get redirected to
| http://www.bestwebslinks.com/ ; I have a feeling that this is not a ms site.
| Other symptoms include a heart shaped desktop shortcut named Online Dating as
| well as another icon that sports the Ghost Busters logo and titled Remove
| spyware. Properties of each shortcut show that it sends you to
| http://www.helpyoursearch.com/search.php?qq=online%20dating
|
| I have run MANY, oh so many, anti spyware apps as well as antivirus. What
| the heck do I have??

As Shenan has noted, you *MUST* identify the software use to scan the computer and is is
also suggested to state the version of softwarer as well. You can NOT just state -- "I have
run MANY, oh so many, anti spyware apps as well as antivirus."

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Relevant Pages

  • Spyware..I think...
    ... http://www.bestwebslinks.com/ I have a feeling that this is not a ms site. ... Other symptoms include a heart shaped desktop shortcut named Online Dating as ... I have run MANY, oh so many, anti spyware apps as well as antivirus. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Spyware or Virus?