Re: Lose of hard drive space

From: gets (gets_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/12/05

Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 04:47:02 -0700

That may have been it. It was set to max. I don't know how it got set that
high. Is there anyway to get back my space I lost? Thanks "petrek" for your
help.
Bob

"peterk" wrote:

> How much space have you allocated for restore points??
> check under right click MY computer/properties/system restore........click
> your HD and then settings.
> peterk
>
> --
> It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much about
> the problem
> "gets" <gets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In the past week I have noticed that every time I start my system I am
> > losing
> > a .5 GB of space on my hard drive. I use Norton for virus protection. I
> > have
> > done a chkdsk with no avail. Scans show no worms, virus or any other
> > problem.
> > I have gone from 65 GB to 55 GB in two days.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Lose of hard drive space
    ... "peterk" wrote: ... >> done a chkdsk with no avail. ... Scans show no worms, virus or any other ...
  • Re: My Comp freezes up after Check Disk runs at startup!
    ... "peterk" wrote: ... > Never trust a computer you can't throw out the window. ... >>I ran a update and was informed to run CHKDSK at next startup. ...