Re: Lose of hard drive space

From: peterk (peterk_at_nomalarky.net)
Date: 08/12/05

Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:43:45 -0600

How much space have you allocated for restore points??
check under right click MY computer/properties/system restore........click
your HD and then settings.
peterk

the problem
"gets" <gets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In the past week I have noticed that every time I start my system I am
> losing
> a .5 GB of space on my hard drive. I use Norton for virus protection. I
> have
> done a chkdsk with no avail. Scans show no worms, virus or any other
> problem.
> I have gone from 65 GB to 55 GB in two days.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: sending no= reboot maybe.
    ... settings, and also used the repair in the ... > connecting to or not connecting to, ... Don't disable virus protection, disable scanning of your mail by your AV ... Check the server settings when this happens, ...
  • Re: error message
    ... > settings everytime i try to. ... and now i don't have any anti virus protection. ... Can you download any other EXE files from other web sites? ... >>> I found the Mozilla site. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • SP2 OE6 Problems
    ... Win firewall is off, and even with virus protection all ... I also attempted restore to last ... Settings are all correct and I can ping Mail server just fine at 14ms ...
  • Re: Problem with new HD
    ... Go into the Bios and make sure that Virus Protection is disabled and ... choose Optimal or Default Settings. ... > partition for the OS and XP proceeds to opy the needed install files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Lose of hard drive space
    ... this cleans out ALL restore points except the last one. ... > "peterk" wrote: ... I use Norton for virus protection. ...