RE: AD Domain and user profiles

From: Anatoli (Anatoli_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/10/05

Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 16:57:02 -0700

Ron,

I've run accross a similar problem and was told that it's a permissions
issue on the system partition. Don't know if that helps. I've not tried
fixing it yet.

Good Luck.

"Ron" wrote:

> When logging users onto a workstation that is part of an Active Directory
> Domain on a SBS2000 controlled network I am having the following problem:
>
> unless the user or user's group is part of the local Administrators group
> the profile will not be loaded or updated correctly, especially as concerns
> desktop wallpaper or drive mappings.
>
> what am I missing in my group policy or security settings to let any member
> of the Domain Users group update their profile?

Relevant Pages

  • REQ: advice on 65 coupe restomodding
    ... fixing that, I have made up my mind... ... I don't want to change the profile too drastically, that is, I don't ... I see restomod harnesses on ebay, would figure I probably need an ... anyone used one of these newer harnesses in an old stang? ...
    (rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang)
  • MS Word 2000 Error
    ... pagefile as a friend suggested, and i have tried clearing out my profile. ... without fixing it. ...
  • Re: General Uni and Equip maintenance
    ... share your ideas on fixing this if it has happened to you! ... mill_mobile's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14584 ... Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ...
    (rec.sport.unicycling)
  • Re: Improve performance
    ... Two words: measure, profile ... Once you've isolated the cause of any performance bottlenecks, ... fixing them is often reasonably straightforward. ... Rico Mariani's blog has lots of good tips. ...
  • Re: Profile Location
    ... I would have expected an event to be logged when the profile load failed. ... > trying to conserve space on the boot and system partition. ... > We have tried the following solution with no success: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.file_system)