Re: Short cuts missing in Security Center

From: Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\) (Torgeir.Bakken-spam_at_hydro.com)
Date: 08/09/05

    Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 18:24:49 +0200

    Joe wrote:

    > The icons and links in Security Center for
    > Manage Security Settings for:
    > Internet Options, Automatic Update, and Widows Firewall
    > are missing. Need help in restoring them.

    Hi,

    Restore missing icons to the Windows Security Center
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/seccentericons.htm

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    • Re: IE6 display problem. Urgent help needed.
      ... Try lowering your security settings to allow running scripts. ... the page is using scripting to fire up the hyperlink instead of a straight ... Double click on the Internet Zone Icon on your status bar to display the ... enable scripting in the Zone. ...
    • Re: IE6 display problem. Urgent help needed.
      ... couldn't get it to display at home whereas I could at work. ... Problem sorted now and it was to do with IE6 security settings. ... > Double click on the Internet Zone Icon on your status bar to display the ... > enable scripting in the Zone. ...
    • Re: IE Security Settings
      ... I suspect I need to change the security settings for IE but have no clue ... >> I enable active x prompting, will it prompt all active x or just those that I ... > torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway ...
    • Re: Friends dont let friends use Internet Explorer
      ... presently both McAfee but in the past McAfee ... If you set scripting to "Prompt", ... security settings won't allow scripts to run; and you wind up relaxing your ... matters worse, Windows Explorer, the file manager program, is intimately ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Downloads fine but get error 80072EFD on install
      ... > I have tried to change the security settings as per postings in this forum, ... Open a command prompt (Start/Run and then "cmd.exe" without the ... Run this command to see what proxy configuration WU uses: ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)