Windows automatic updates

From: LudoP (LudoP_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/09/05

Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 08:52:44 -0700

Hi,
How can I make Windows automatic update run under a standard user account?

As you know, you have to be administrator on the PC to be able to do it, but
as I can't give admin rights to users in my company, I'm stuck in this issue
for the moment.

I tried to have a look at the Group Policy Settings without any success.

I guess I have to create a special account which would allow AU to run in a
users environement. The thing is I don't know how to proceed....I even don't
know if it's possible.

I also heard about WSU (Windows security update)but I am not sure to
understand the whole process...

Help will be appreciated.

May thanks.

Ludo

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Office 2003 is not connecting
    ... You need to login to windows with the Administrative account, ... all the updates I could (would not let me uninstall Service Pack 3 ... web-mail and my administrator has said there are no problems. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Vista Installations
    ... under a standard user account instead of an administrator account? ... Because that is how most Vista users will be using it? ... can't believe someone with less than Administrator privileges can just tell ...
  • Re: After Auto Update, Password required for Log-in
    ... control/alt/delete to access the screen where you can change the user ... Administrator, simply tab to password and hit enter. ... logote=HVTsRMe;639121]All I did was allow a Windows Automatic Update, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: Windows Update and user account
    ... You can use the Scheduled Tasks option and set it up to run as Administrator. ... tools/scheduled tasks. ... > as a standard user account, or do you need to sign on as an administrator (XP ...