Windows automatic updates

From: LudoP (LudoP_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/09/05

Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 08:52:44 -0700

Hi,
How can I make Windows automatic update run under a standard user account?

As you know, you have to be administrator on the PC to be able to do it, but
as I can't give admin rights to users in my company, I'm stuck in this issue
for the moment.

I tried to have a look at the Group Policy Settings without any success.

I guess I have to create a special account which would allow AU to run in a
users environement. The thing is I don't know how to proceed....I even don't
know if it's possible.

I also heard about WSU (Windows security update)but I am not sure to
understand the whole process...

Help will be appreciated.

May thanks.

Ludo