Re: Windows Security Centre

From: Doug Knox MS-MVP (dknox_at_mvps.org)
Date: 08/09/05

Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:10:09 -0400

You're welcome. The only time you should see it is if there is a problem with your antivirus or firewall software, or if Automatic Updates are turned off. You can also click the Change the way Security Center alerts me link, to customize the notifications.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"guest11111" <guest11111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDEF7C70-91CE-497C-9B13-2FD1BBB16497@microsoft.com...

> "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Its still there, but now that you have antivirus software installed, it isn't complaining.  Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Security Center.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security
>> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
>> http://www.dougknox.com
>> --------------------------------
>> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
>> --------------------------------
>> Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>>
>> "guest11111" <guest11111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C127A3FB-4869-4D7C-9F0D-7005267B4265@microsoft.com...
>> >I have windows xp home edition with security pack 2. I have just installed
>> > the EZ Antivirus software from my computer and the Widows Security Centre
>> > (with firewall) seems to have dissapeared, can anyone tell me what has
>> > happened and how I can get it back?
>>

> Thanks, very helpful, found it! I just couldnt understand why it dissapeared
> from toolbar.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem w Explorer.exe
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
  • Re: Settings? Glitch after SP2?
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
  • Re: ActiveX Help and Support Center SP2
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ... >>Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
  • Re: Missing or Corrupt Video file message when using live TV
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ... >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Two questions you all should know :)