Re: IE security settings

From: Galen (galennews_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/08/05

Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 02:34:08 -0400

In news:D45D7622-AD56-4F6A-A525-EE113F28C8ED@microsoft.com,
Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> OK, and what settings do you recommend in the "Security > Custom
> level >" and Advanced settings in the Internet options?
>

> "Galen" wrote:
>
>> In news:ADD3B892-7FA0-469A-AFF5-B5D9A7AD822F@microsoft.com,
>> Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

>>> What are recommended IE settings that would promote security and not
>>> decrease performance?
>>
>> Each person will likely have different ideas so I suppose it's best
>> to give you a link to help you decide on your own:
>>
>> Setting Up Security Zones:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/security/setup.mspx
>>
>> Galen
>> --
>>
>> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
>> without them."
>>
>> Sherlock Holmes

I'm too lazy and too dependant on other software to cover those needs. I
leave it set to medium though sometimes I turn off copy/paste and drag/drop.

Galen

without them."
Sherlock Holmes

Relevant Pages

  • Re: XP freezes after install
    ... >> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: ... >> "But there are always some lunatics about. ... It would be a dull world ... >> Sherlock Holmes ...
  • Re: show desktop icon not working
    ... >> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: ... >> "But there are always some lunatics about. ... It would be a dull world ... >> Sherlock Holmes ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: SyncToy
    ... >> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: ... >> "But there are always some lunatics about. ... It would be a dull world ... >> Sherlock Holmes ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: Need pointer to Outlook Express Newsgroup - thank you Galen
    ... >> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: ... >> "But there are always some lunatics about. ... It would be a dull world ... >> Sherlock Holmes ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: Cannot access MS Community Newsgroups
    ... My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: ... > and want to access the MS Community Newsgroups. ... "But there are always some lunatics about. ... It would be a dull world ...