RE: Windows Security Center.AntiVirusDisableNotify

From: Dan (Dan_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/08/05

Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 15:02:20 -0700

Same to happened me. I found out I that the way the security center alerts
you for that section is unchecked. I use McAfee security center so I ignored
it. What Spybot's saying is that you won't be alerted if your antivirus is
not currently running.
If you tried Ad-Aware you won't see this listed there.

"George" wrote:

> I have Windows XP with all of the latest updates, SP2, etc.
>
> I run Spybot Search & Destroy periodically to check for spyware. Today it
> found the problem I wrote in the subject line. Spybot is saying this is a
> registry change. Is it legitimate, or should I let Spybot clear it? Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Error messages
    ... I downloaded Adware and Spybot, ran both of them and now I get a pop up error ... box saying " bad username and password", I know this is easy to fix but I ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • windows security centre
    ... I have Mcafee Security Centre installed on my computer. ... windows security centre is saying that I have no virus program installed. ... thinking that it would fix the problem but no joy. ...
  • RE: virus W32/WINTOLLA
    ... > saying will be deleted after reboot that doesnt work either ... By the way Spybot is an anti-spyware tool not an anti-virus one,they are not ...
  • java.exe
    ... message box keeps popping up saying "java.exe ... I've uninstalled java, run spybot, and AVG anti-virus, ...