Dual-boot.

From: Andrew Bell (AndrewBell_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/05/05

Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 23:25:51 -0700

I installed Windows Sever 2003 and then Windows XP Pro on a different
paritition and now when I choose Windows Server 2003 from the boot menu the
computer restarts.

Any ideas?

My computer is an AMD Athlon 2500+, Asus A7V8X-MX SE, 768 Mb of Ram, a 120
gig WD and a 160 gig Maxtor. Windows Server 2003 is on a partition of the
160 and XP Pro is one a partition of the 120.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PArtition issue
    ... From the MS site I am assuming that if I want to get a Windows Server version to boot along side of Xp I need to reformat and repartition the hard drive on this machine. ... If I do that and put the XP PRO back on the first partition and Windows Server on the second partition will Windows Server boot from the second paritiion? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Which OS is most suitable for ASP.NET 2.0 development?
    ... XP Pro is just fine. ... For a developer, having a machine with lots of RAM and a good processor is more important than ... Microsoft MVP ... And if Windows Server 2003 is better, ...
  • Re: IIS6 freeze and restart without reason !!!
    ... It is not possible to upgrade from XP Pro to Windows Server 2003. ... Until you see such an event, IIS6 did not "restart". ... is the page freezing when you interact with the ASP page to ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: install windows server 2003 on laptop ?
    ... current #1 performance bottleneck for vs.net 2003 development work ... tear xp pro down and build up ws03 and find it doesn't work ... Windows Server products are not ... > I did it to test some minor functions of the operating system. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • Re: Easy Question - W2K & XP Pro
    ... That icon isn't available starting with XP Pro, ... And second, IIS 6.0 is part of the Windows Server 2003 operating system, so ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)