Re: XP Pro shares not accessible

From: GTS (x)
Date: 08/04/05

Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:49:06 -0400

- Double check that you have no 3rd party firewall running.
- On the XP Pro machines which should be set to Simple File Sharing, run
>net user guest /active:yes to make sure the guest account is enabled.
- If that doesn't help, open a command prompt. From one of the Home
machines try to map to a share on a problem Pro machine with the net
command..
net use \\netname\shaername If this fails, what error code is reported?