Re: windows anitspyware beta

From: MAP (mikepawlak2REM_at_OVEhotmail.com)
Date: 08/03/05

Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 20:42:21 -0400

ajjonson wrote:
> i have an error 101 when trying to start the program iv uninstalled
> then reinstalled the program but the error still occurs is there any
> way to prevent this

Did you reboot after the uninstall and before you reinstalled?

I had to use "winerrors" and google this but basically MASB is calling for a
process that is in use by another program.This is just a geuss but maybe its
the old install and a reboot will release the process.

error 101>The exclusive semaphore is owned by another process.
I don't really know what a semaphore is but there you have it.

--
Mike Pawlak

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Failure to run setup.exe files from CD-roms
    ... "nass" wrote: ... for the DVD-ROM and reboot and see if windows will detect it. ... not Add/Remove programs that different and uninstall your DVD from there ... I am able to install other software from the drives. ...
  • Re: WIA and hibernation again
    ...   CCleaner is good for this since ... it shows more information in a bigger display and CCLeaner has other ... it, I would uninstall it. ... If you see those IS things after reboot, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: OT - Quicktime7 causes unavoidable reboots
    ... it made the PC reboot. ... The Software Update program is intended to update all Apple software, ... uninstalled Quicktime, did you also uninstall the program "Apple Software ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: Busted Internet Connection
    ... you may want to uninstall it. ... Also, after reboot, you ... > After I upgraded Zone Alarm, my internet connection was still working fine ... > followed the instructions under troubleshooting in the ZA help files, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: KB923694 still keeps installing
    ... Reboot into normal mode. ... KB941202 is listed in Add/Remove programs. ... You know when you told me to install everything, ... Uninstall "Security Update for Windows XP " via Add/Remove ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)