RE: Access to My Documents

From: Kalyan (Kalyan_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/02/05

Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 05:55:08 -0700

This shouldnt be an issue if you are working on a Domain with a roaming
profile.

Otherwise, share MyDocuments and from share permissions, remove Everyone and
add only yourself with full-permission on the Sharing tab. Do the same also
on Security tab.

Hope this helps.

Kalyan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Setting Permissions on XP Home
    ... logon as the administrator and then configure permission ... > How do I set Permissions on my computer running Windows XP Home Edition? ... The Sharing tab has two sections on it: ... > folder on the network". ...
  • Re: Access Denied to Folder
    ... It's shared by default via group policy. ... it works when I configure the permissions through the Sharing tab ... difference in access when using the "Sharing" tab versus the "Security" tab? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Windows Sharing File Permissions
    ... Incorrect - in Windows there is ONE place to set shared folder permissions, ... The security tab is where you set File or Folder NTFS Permissions... ... Subject: Windows Sharing File Permissions ... on the Security Tab and on the Sharing Tab under ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Setting folder permission questions
    ... the options on setting up folder permissions for a folder ... Web Sharing Tab - I'm not sure the purpose of this. ... Security Tab - Does this override the Permissions button ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • share permissions
    ... sharing tab is a permissions button. ... permission under this button and setting permissions under the security tab? ... if i allow another user on my network access (full control) to this share ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)