Re: Preventing an account from having a blank password.

From: Robert Moir (robspamtrap+msnews_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/01/05

Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 21:57:19 +0100

Doug Knox MS-MVP wrote:
> I tried this, Robert. The Users applet in control panel will still
> allow you to create an account with no password.

Just tried it myself and I agree with you. Looks like we found us a bug; the
password length thing might be debatable, but the password complexity thing
blocks account creation with a poor password in a domain environment, so it
feels very wrong to me that you can sneak past it here!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Objection rec.knives PLEASE IGNORE if you dont want to see an off topic post
    ... I ignore bragging, and I expect that if you post on a newsgroup about knives you post about knives, at least initially. ... It's at the point that if Robert posts a legitimate request, ... I definitely don't think you'd lose your account at all. ... Nah it's okay I don't feel the sarcasm at all, the header information wasn't meant for you. ...
    (rec.knives)
  • Re: Desk tops
    ... Control Panel Users applet. ... the icon for the user to remove. ... click Delete the Account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Default account
    ... Robert Sparnaaij ... -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ... > The account whitch i wish to use is a pop3-account. ... > Yes i tried the profile - but same problem. ...
  • Re: Default account
    ... Robert Sparnaaij ... -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ... > The account whitch i wish to use is a pop3-account. ... > Yes i tried the profile - but same problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Default account
    ... Robert Sparnaaij ... -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ... > The account whitch i wish to use is a pop3-account. ... > Yes i tried the profile - but same problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)