Re: under attack......

From: Tom Pepper Willett (tompepper_at_mvps.invalid)
Date: 07/30/05

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:58:28 -0500

Dave: Doesn't the Linksys already block those ports by default?

Tom
| From: <barabba72@hotmail.com>

| If you are connected to the Internet via broadband, get a Cable/DSL Router
such as the
| Linksys BEFSR41. Due to Network Address Translation (NAT) it will act as
a simplistic
| FireWall and keep those connection attempts mostly at bay. By
specifically blocking both
| TCOP and UDP ports 135 ~ 139 and 445 on the Router you will effectively
block all MS
| Networking attempts from the Internet and will also protect you from
Internet worms.

| --
| Dave
| http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
| http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Net Meeting Update (may be boring to some)
    ... > Another session in the bike shed with pmj yesterday, ... Public (Internet) IP Address. ... Remote Connection the *Public* (Internet IP Address to send them to, ... > Linksys firewall is on and that it has some forwarding rules in it. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Two routers on the same network
    ... We have a Linksys BEFSR41 ... connect to the internet through the Linksys and the others from the ... the internet connection through the Linksys was unstable. ... Also you may wany to turn off Proxy ARP on the cisco. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: No Internet Connection w/ Router
    ... Also, in my prior reply I cleverly sent the ipconfig in my current mode (modem, no router gets me to the internet!) and not the one with the router in place. ... Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection via Westell: ... modem and use a Linksys wrt54gs for the LAN. ...
  • Re: Cannot simultaneously share DSL connection
    ... In order to be able to use Internet with both computers at the same time the ... Router has to be the authentication device. ... The Linksys Router provides on the CD an extended manual that would explain ... happens when we try to share the internet connection. ...
  • Re: Unable to connect through LAN
    ... Dave wrote: ... I have tried about every combination of creating new connection, change settings, etc. ... it sounds as if you have an Ethernet cable connected between the 2 computers and you want use the modem on one of them to connect to the Internet and allow the second computer to access the Internet through the first one. ...