Re: if you notice weird differences in your files and system folde

From: Kerry Brown (kerry_at_kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m)
Date: 07/29/05

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:46:57 -0700

"Dani" <Dani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A5B8B40F-2002-4006-A2A8-B8A660AFE02E@microsoft.com...

> "Bruce Chambers" wrote:
>
>> Dani wrote:
>>
>> Unreadable drivel snipped....
>>

>> Is English a second or third language for you? If so, may I
>> suggest that you try posting your question in a news group dedicated
>> to your native language? I say this not to insult or offend, but
>> rather to point out that you're not likely to get much help, if no one
>> can understand what you're saying.
>>
>> Otherwise, I'd suggest you start by reposting in standard English,
>> complete with paragraphs, sentences, capital letters where
>> appropriate, and punctuation. As it is, your post is quite
>> undecipherable: some of the the words used are from the English
>> language, but are almost completely meaningless as currently
>> assembled.
>>
>> Help us help you:
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> Otherwise, you might as well try here:
>>
>> Psychic Friends Network
>> (800) 592-7827
>>
>> --
>>
>> Bruce Chambers
>>
>> Help us help you:
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having
>> both at once. - RAH
>> I must assume that it is a third language for you if you cannot
>> understand what i wrote. Yes there are a couple typos in it, mainly
>> because the program i was speaking of was popping up strange pages and i
>> was constantly interrupted by it. Currently my xp (operating system)
>> since o/s seems to throw you experts for a loop, is down due to the
>> trojan changing my registry filenames(if you need a definition for any of
>> these complicated words, i suggest windows help) and i am viewing this on
>> a network computer using windows me, and i can still understand what i
>> wrote. I DO believe your posts were put here just to offend me, as i
>> never once implied any questions that i needed help on. If my posts were
>> garbled in any way, I ask that you copy the entire post and send it to
>> <jeffosb@msn.com> as it may be something to do with the virus.
>> otherwise, in the event that it was posted as written, i will try to
>> shorten it a bit.
> Most of the people who have posted here with problems are infected with a
> trojan. It's name is abwiz and it changes files, filenames, and places
> where
> the orignial files were at installation. Norton Internet Security is the
> only protection available at this time. It does not take the trojan out
> of
> your system, it merely stops it from changing your files. if there are
> any
> further problems understanding me, please include specific words and i
> will
> try to findsome which are not as complicated to substitute. (apparently
> the
> ms tech with whom I am working concerning this problem has no trouble
> [...]

I also find your posts confusing. This one makes some sense.

Abwiz sounds like a minor, easily removed threat.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.abwiz.c.html
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.abwiz.html

As this virus/trojan allows someone to take over your computer they may have
installed other harder to remove malware programs.

Kerry

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Are Space Tourists A Nuisance?
    ... when the grad assistant teaching the class has English as a third language. ... course that had a *78%* failure rate out of two hundred students. ... attempt by the Physics department to weed out as many students as ...
    (sci.space.history)
  • Re: What do you do for Cardio?
    ... Funny, that. ... Must be divine intervention. ... English IS my third language. ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • Re: I wonder what Microsoft will do to move the 360 in europe?
    ... In no way did I mean that to be patronising. ... (English is only my third language, so please look past me being somewhat clumsy at times) ... No, I have read the promises from SONY, which I was sceptical about, and recently also a hands on report somewhere. ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: How do I pronouce "DCOM"?
    ... As another programmer whose english is a third language, ... Microsoft MVP, MCSD ... > I am a programmer who speaks in English as a second language. ... > Is there anyone to help me to pronouce "DCOM" exactly? ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ole)