Re: disable change user password

From: Doug Knox MS-MVP (dknox_at_mvps.org)
Date: 07/29/05

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:23:28 -0400

If you're using Windows XP Pro, click Start, Run and enter LUSRMGR.MSC Open the Users folder and double click the account in question. On the General tab, check User cannot change password.

You can also apply this to all users by clicking Start, Run and entering GPEDIT.MSC (XP Pro Only) Go to:

User Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, Ctrl+Alt+Del Options. Enable the policy to Remove Change Password.

For XP Home, no, you can't restrict this, to my knowledge.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"qq" <qq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BA1196F-ADCD-4D98-B0C8-6B70D24784AD@microsoft.com...
> Hi, All,
>
> Is their any way to disable change local user password option when users
> press ctrl+alt+del (Using XP) in Local PC?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> --qq

Relevant Pages

  • Re: XP reinstall error message
    ... MS-MVP Windows XP/ Windows Smart Display ... >>Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
  • Re: Feel Duped by Microsoft with MCE NOT being allowed to join DOM
    ... Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ... >>> of a domain, you'll have no trouble, just the same as you can do with Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Using Windows XP Pro as a server
    ... Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ... > Should Windows XP Pro used as a file server, application server, or SQL ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: cd burning question
    ... aren't I using Windows XP program to ... >>> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ... >>> Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • [SLE] samba change password from windows 2000 pro error
    ... All things works fine excep when i user want's to change password with ... ctrl+alt+sup from windows 2000 pro. ...
    (SuSE)