Re: May have a potentially Serious Problem

From: Wesley Vogel (123WVogel955_at_comcast.net)
Date: 07/29/05

Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:38:34 -0600

<ROTFL>

--
Hope this helps.  Let us know.
Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
In news:%23JtW279kFHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Mike Hall (MS-MVP) <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> hunted and pecked:
> At his house???????.. you told me you were washing your hair.. I sat
> through that entire 'sloppy' movie by myself.. :-( .. (wasn't gonna waste
> the tickets, no way, no how)
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>

> "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Wayne wrote:
>>> As everyone knows I run Windows XP SP2 Home Edition. I have invested
>>> in McAfee Security Suite. My problem just started happening recently.
>>> I logged on the computer and Privacy Service came up, just like it's
>>> Supposed to and I enter the password, no problem there. However.
>>> While waiting for the rest to boot. A System folder (supposed to be
>>> hidden) popped up all at once. No explanation and no reason for it. I
>>> tried to re-hide it and when I did the system locked, so I had to
>>> unhide it. Now It's been a little over a week since this happened and
>>> I'm stumped. It's a Windows/System files. It has several different
>>> types of folders which is supposed to be hidden. Can anyone help?
>>> I'll get the exact folder name to ya as soon as possible..
>>
>> You run Windows XP SP2 Home Edition?
>> Last time I was at your house, that looked like Linux to me!  *grin*
>>
>> Look here for your opening folder:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170086
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>>     MS-MVP
>> --
>> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

  • Re: recover compacted folders
    ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, ... , then wasted space is generated in that file, and the folder must be ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
  • Re: OE & SP2 missing Local Folders
    ... , then wasted space is generated in that file, and the folder must be ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
  • Re: Lost Emails Information During "Compacting" of Folders
    ... , then wasted space is generated in that file, and the folder must be ... Options | Maintenance for each Identity you have, and then compact manually ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ...
  • Re: downloading messages
    ... , then wasted space is generated in that file, and the folder must be ... Options | Maintenance for each Identity you have, and then compact manually ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ...
  • Re: Recovering messages failed!!
    ... Importing Outlook Express 6 messages from storage folder comes up with the ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...