Re: May have a potentially Serious Problem

From: Wesley Vogel (123WVogel955_at_comcast.net)
Date: 07/29/05

Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:35:51 -0600

System32?

System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=170086

For an automated Edit go here:

Read the instructions at the top of the page.
Scroll down to:
260. Right hand side.
System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot

--
Hope this helps.  Let us know.
Wes
> As everyone knows I run Windows XP SP2 Home Edition. I have invested in
> McAfee Security Suite. My problem just started happening recently. I
> logged on the computer and Privacy Service came up, just like it's
> Supposed to and I enter the password, no problem there. However. While
> waiting for the rest to boot. A System folder (supposed to be hidden)
> popped up all at once. No explanation and no reason for it. I tried to
> re-hide it and when I did the system locked, so I had to unhide it. Now
> It's been a little over a week since this happened and I'm stumped. It's
> a Windows/System files. It has several different types of folders which
> is supposed to be hidden. Can anyone help? I'll get the exact folder name
> to ya as soon as possible..
>
> Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Programs Automatically Start!
    ... System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows ... Ramesh - Microsoft MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: System32 folder opens upon login
    ... System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows XP ... For an automated Edit go here: ...
  • Re: System 32?
    ... System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows XP ... the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card. ...
  • Re: System File Folder Opens When I Log in
    ... System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows XP, Windows 2000, or ... Regards, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: startup problems
    ... System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows XP, Windows 2000, or Windows NT 4.0 ... System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)