Re: Question regarding Advanced Filesharing - Recognizing Network

From: Gordon (gordon_at_gbpcomputing.co.uk.invalid)
Date: 07/27/05

Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:31:01 +0100

news:7B2DE67C-570C-49B7-A01A-361168B65D0C@microsoft.com...
> Awesome reply, Gordon - it works.
>
> Is there any way I can get it so that the account is not able to be logged
> into on the xp pro computer? The only reason I added the account was so
> that
> the remove (xp home) computer could access the share via the network.
> When I
> go to switch users on the xp pro machine, however, the new account was
> added
> to the list. Is there anyway to make it so that the remote computer
> (w/same
> useraccount name/pass) can access the share while keeping the account off
> the
> login-account list on the local (xp pro) computer?

Don't use the Welcome screen log-in on the pro machine.Start-Control
Panel-User Accounts-Change the way users log in. That will get the old
W2K-style log-in screen. in addition, you can use gpedit.msc to ensure that
users need to press Ctl-Alt-Del before logging on, and that the last
logged-on username is not displayed in the username field.

HTH

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows xp to windows 2000
    ... If the problem happened after re installing Windows XP, ... Is your Windows XP Home or Pro? ... common non-Guest account. ... Make sure the browser service is running on one computer. ...
  • Re: I inherited my Fathers Computer on His Passing April 27,2009
    ... Second, if this is not XP Pro, the password problem is simple and can be ... Unless the account credentials were backed up and can be restored, ... have the encrypting file system. ... This will allow you to work on the new, cloned copy of the drive, reset the ...
  • Re: XP account passwords change spontaniously
    ... You could hard reboot the computer using the reboot button on the front of ... You can also use rsop.msc on the XP Pro computer to ... Also I would be sure to change the administrator passwords on ... >> the administrator account in XP Pro which will only allow it to be logged ...
  • Re: File Share problem with XP Pro and XP Home... This one is a stumper!
    ... sharing tab permissions and the security tab permissions? ... > 4 pc's on my home network. ... All the pc's use the same account name and password. ... The Pro box is NOT using simple file ...
  • Re: High speed file sharing
    ... I just noticed that my listed email account is not my real ... >>I got an XP and a ME box I have connected my home network. ... > On any XP Pro computer, check to see if Simple File Sharing (Control ... > XP Pro, ...