Re: SPYWARE HAS STOPPED ME CONECTING TO AOL IT HAS TOOK OVER MOD

From: Sparda (UseLinkToEmail_at_WindowsForumz.com)
Date: 07/27/05

Date: 27 Jul 2005 04:35:38 -0400

"" wrote:
> SPYWARE HAS STOPPED ME CONECTING TO AOL IT HAS TOOK OVER MODEM
> AND WONT LET
> ME REINSTALL IT CAN YOU HELP, THE GUYS AT AOL SAY IT HAS GOT
> INTO WINDOWS
> REGISTRY

Go to a computer thats working, get a USB flash memory stick plug that
in, download the following programs:

Spybot: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
Spyware Blaster: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
AntiVir: http://www.free-av.com/
LSP-Fix: http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

(LSP-Fix may not be needed, but I suspect it will) Go into safe mode
on the broken compuer and plug in the USB Flash Stick (How to access
safe mode:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315222
) then install and do compleate scan with spybot and AntiVir, make
sure you imunize the system and then install and imunize with Spyware
Blaster, Your compter should now (be more or less) spyware and virus
free. Now restart with out going in to safe mode, if you discover the
internet no longer works (or still dosnt work) run LSP-Fix, this
should fix WinSocks.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Admin-SPYWARE-STOPPED-CONECTING-AOL-MODEM-ftopict401170.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd).  Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1326848

Relevant Pages

  • Re: seems like alot
    ... >downloaded this aol spyware protection and i used it it ... But if you're truly concerned with spyware, and actually resolving the problems, ... Start by downloading each of the following free tools: ... Spybot S&D has an install routine - run it. ...
  • Re: Spyware
    ... I know you can get AOL 9.0 at almost ... Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner ... Empty your Temporary Internet Files and shrink the size it stores to about ... Once it is done, click OK, close Internet Explorer ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Is AOL Router software a virus?
    ... >would I like to install AOL Router softward. ... I don't see any Google about an "AOL Router" spyware or virus. ... AdAware, CWShredder, and Spybot S&D have install ... Next, close all Internet Explorer and Outlook windows, and run CWShredder. ...
  • Re: cannot connect to server or DNS error
    ... How to Configure Internet Explorer to Work with AOL as Your ISP ... All of a sudden I can't launch I.E. 6 to connect to the internet UNLESS I ... Rule out parasites like Kazaa and others. ... Let AD-Aware Scan your system for advertising Spyware ...
  • Re: Hänger des IE6
    ... >Spam- oder Spyware ist nicht drauf, ebenso wenig Viren, ... Ein Wechsel von Browser oder Provider löst das Prob nicht. ... Auf AOL bin ich - leider - aus pers. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.inetexplorer.ie6)