in control userpasswords2, the check box in secure logon is disabl

From: Sura (Sura_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/27/05

Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:21:02 -0700

> HI
> i have a problem.
> My windows XP doesn't require user to press Ctrl+Alt+Del before the
> logon. When i turn on my machine, it straight away loads the personal
> setting. this is a very insecure because anyone can come and access
> my Notebook.
> I looked up the help and it said go to control pane>user
> account>Advanced tab , in the advance tab there will be a secure
> logon, all i need to do is check at the checkbox "Require users to
> press Ctrl+Alt+Delete". But you know what? When i followed the
> instruction in help and support, there is no any advanced tab in user
> account. unlike my friend's notebook which there is an advanced tab
> in user account. I wish i could show you the picture of my screen.
>Then Galen told me to go to control userpasswords2
> and after i went to control userpasswords2 as described below

Start > run > control userpasswords2

the checkbox of the "Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete" is disabled.

i am using the administrator username

so what should i do to enable the checkbox.

thanks

p.s. thanks to Galen for the help you gave

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Remove Welcome screen
    ... 'How do I switch to the classic Windows Logon prompt instead of the ... Microsoft Method 2: ... control userpasswords2 method: ... require users to type a user account name. ...
  • Re: Remove Welcome screen
    ... 'How do I switch to the classic Windows Logon prompt instead of the ... control userpasswords2 method: ... will require users to type a user account name. ...
  • Re: Win XP wont let go of .net passport info
    ... I've done this and removed the entry but I still have the ... Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 Go ... to the Advanced tab ... Now my user account at log on tells me ...
  • Disabling automatic logon during Start Up
    ... There is no advanced tab in the user account menu from ... >is the case then you should go into Control Panel and ... Go to the advanced tab and in the Secure ... On most other computers, the logon ...