Re: -delete confirmation problem!-

From: MowGreen [MVP] (mowgreen_at_nowandzen.com)
Date: 07/25/05

Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:12:37 -0700

aidiami,

Right click the Recycle Bin and choose Properties. Is the " Display
delete confirmation dialog " box checked ?
Did you scan the system for malware prior to installing SP2 ?
Some malwares can corrupt the Recycle Bin. To repair it, run this
registry file, Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin in Windows XP, located at
#64 here : http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
Download and save it. Then merge it into the registry by double clicking
it or right click it and choose Merge.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2005]
===============
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

aidiami wrote:

> hello...
> i'm new here..my problem is something unsual thing happened to my
> windows xp special pack 2 that i've installed a couple of days
> before...the problem is when i try to delete some files or folder or
> anything,the box that says "Are you really want to move all the
> contents to the recycle bin" doesn't appear..sometimes it may blink 1
> time and it fades away in lightning speed..why does the problem
> happens? How to make it goes normal again? is this some kind of a
> virus? :confused:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Win32.Brontok.A virus
    ... when I reboot I am left with a file in Recycle Bin ... Bart CDR boot). ... A malware I encountered - ... When Occam's Razor meets the Halting Problem, ...
  • Re: All work and music lost
    ... Most likely it is malware. ... Malware does not put data it deletes into the recycle bin, ... Nobody can backup their computer often enough. ... You might need to run data recovery software. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: c: ecyclerS-1-5-21-129_ ... Dc775.zip
    ... NOD32 is allowed to touch the recycle bin, ... it's just a hidden directory. ... which reduces the chances of malware being able to write there. ... Please replace dot invalid with dot uk to email me. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • RE: Y9HCQ****.exe
    ... A Google search gave no hits on this file. ... It is very likely malware and ... you should delete it to the Recycle Bin. ... Recommend you do a scan of ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: No Recycle Bin Files visible
    ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... Try to empty the Recycle Bin again. ... Do you have Norton Utilities or SystemWorks? ... Disabling the Norton Protected Recycle Bin ...