Re: user's account frequently gets locked out

From: Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\) (Torgeir.Bakken-spam_at_hydro.com)
Date: 07/21/05

Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:47:02 +0200

Seelan wrote:

> Hi folks,
> We're running 2003 AD server and XP clients. One of the user's
> account frequently gets locked out. He has to call help desk
> often to unlock it and it would take him 30-40 mins to log back
> in. Any solutions?
Hi,

Account Lockout and Management Tools
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7AF2E69C-91F3-4E63-8629-B999ADDE0B9E&displaylang=en

and

Troubleshooting account lockout problems in Windows Server 2003, in
Windows 2000, and in Windows NT 4.0
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315585

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

  • Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna
    ... messages telling me that "The server has rejected your login. ... start windows Mail, I can get new mail, send mail, delete mail... ... Here's my exact error message track: ... Windows Mail with my Gmail account today and I'm running into the same issue ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot connect to the Internet
    ... My Windows 2000 pro PC is connected to the internet (Local Area ... Connection 2 Status icon shows "Connected" with a speed of 10..0 ... The master browser has received a server announcement from ... Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)
  • Re: Username and Password boxes keep opening -- then error message
    ... might not have been a POP3 account. ... entered something other than a POP3 server address when setting it up (15 ... MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002 ... Reinstall Avast & disable email scanning. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Using EFS with Network Shares and SFU 3.5
    ... It does not take EFS into account. ... could again use the sharing server audit logs to see if success ... Read extended attribute and Read data, since the NFS client may ... Windows and *nix clients. ...
  • Re: Error 10061, 0x800ccc0e, bug?
    ... It's definitely the April Windows update!!!! ... Checked program files after restore and the updates are gone and OE is ... receive mail after changing account in windows. ... Mike, the error indicates that you are failing to connect to the server, ...