2 WinXP on one computer

From: penguin_skywalker (penguinskywalker_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/20/05

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 05:09:04 -0700

Hi,

I had two OS on my computer - Win 98 SE on drive C and XP Professional on D.
I decided to upgrade Win98 to XP Professional.

Upgrade was successful, but the computer didn't recognise two OS. The
original XP was not noticed.

So I went to System Restore settings, and changed boot.ini file as ...

[boot loader]
timeout =12
default = multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS = "Microsoft Windows XP
Professional 1"

C:\="Microsoft Windows XP Professional 2"

Now my computer has stopped working. How should I bail myself out of this?

Thanks!

Relevant Pages

  • Two WINXP on one machine
    ... I decided to upgrade Win98 to XP Professional. ... So I went to System Restore settings, and changed boot.ini file as ... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • 2 WinXP on one machine
    ... I decided to upgrade Win98 to XP Professional. ... So I went to System Restore settings, and changed boot.ini file as ... ... Now my computer has stopped working. ...