RE: Windows XP Security Update Not Showing Up

From: Frances (Frances_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/19/05

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:57:03 -0700

Hi, just a quick note to say I figured out the problem and all is well.
Actually it turned out to be a PICNIC (Problem In Chair Not In Computer) ...
feel like an idiot, but I finally figured out what was going on. Thanks
everyone and sorry to have bothered you all.

"Frances" wrote:

> When I click on the area to install the latest security update for Microsoft
> XP to patch the latest flaw, my computer tells me that all updates are
> installed. However, the last dated installed update is a fix from June in my
> history of updates section.
>
> Is the new security patch not currently available for download, even though
> the site says it is? Anyone else having this problem? I have SP2 installed,
> which the patch is supposed to be for.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Relevant Pages

  • Computer Security Rule to live by
    ... If asked to download a file if not sure what it does, ... Patch your computer's operating system ... Get a firewall use it and then check for patches and updates for it. ... Computer Security is more about what you do or don't do. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Cant create mail or open address book
    ... Download this patch also. ... It is due to come out as part of a Cumulative Patch in the future, but it is available now and may help you out. ... "Craig" wrote in message ... and install all updates as they are offered. ...
  • Re: WINDOWS UPDATE
    ... Let's see what the new Microsoft Update Catalog has: ... In most instances I have always been able to download the new patch from a broadband connection, save it to a disc so I can install the updates to my machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cant create mail or open address book
    ... This patch will backup your e-mail when you compact. ... I wasn't aware of a warning to backup your system prior to the download. ... and install all updates as they are offered. ...
  • Re: windows security updates
    ... >been trying to download the security patch from microsoft ... >updates and i can download it but it won't let me install ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)