This Solved Some Strange Error Message Problems I've Had Recently

From: Frances (Frances_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/19/05

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:51:03 -0700

I don't know if this will be useful to anyone else or not, but I had a bout
of problems a few days ago, including the C++ runtime error (buffer overrun)
error I've seen posted here.

I had recently downloaded the beta copy of the Microsoft Anti-Spyware and
had taken advantage of some of the customization, including disabling some
applications. When I thought about it, it was after this that I started
getting weirdo things happening with my computer (virtual memory errors too).

So I went into the Anti-Spyware, re-enabled all the apps I had disabled
(thinking that would save me memory space or some silly thing), restarted the
computer and everything has worked fine since.

BTW, if anyone has read my earlier post - I spoke too soon - the patch isn't
available for my version yet, so I have no problems (right now LOL!).

Anyway, I'd suggest the AntiSpyware investigation as a possible source for
error messages you're all of a sudden getting. I know it's not the solution
for everything (maybe not even for anyone else), but it worked for me.

Relevant Pages

  • This Fixed A Lot of My Recent Problems
    ... I don't know if this will be useful to anyone else or not, but I had a bout ... I had recently downloaded the beta copy of the Microsoft Anti-Spyware and ... had taken advantage of some of the customization, including disabling some ... getting weirdo things happening with my computer (virtual memory errors too). ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: This Fixed A Lot of My Recent Problems
    ... If MSAS or any anti spyware program, anti virus etc seems to cause problems ... > had taken advantage of some of the customization, including disabling some ... > getting weirdo things happening with my computer (virtual memory errors ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)