Guest Power Scheme

From: Grateful Hal (GratefulHal_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/17/05

Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:33:02 -0700

as an admin or user other than guest, one is able to change their power
scheme via the control panel.

in the case of guest, however, access is denied. the value is set to turn
the monitor off after 20 minutes where I would like it to be constantly on.

please advise what to change in the hkey current user powercfg portion of
the registry (or other area of the registry).

thanks in advance.

--
sure dont know what I'm going for...
but I'm gonna go for it for sure...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Activesync Connection
    ... Activesync connects as guest after initial correct sync on ... > I have the common Guest problem. ... > partnership, the first synchronisation works OK, subsequent docking of ... > When a new partnership is established, a registry key is created: ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: How to activate a guest/APM?
    ... I hope you created a guest account within your configuration. ... I understood your question about APM at first place. ... what I did was - captured the registry snapshot while activating the option. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: opening a remote registry on Vista
    ... There is an LSA option in secpol.msc relating to 'force all network users to authenticate as guest' which you'll likely need to disable on the remote system. ... registry on computer B running Vista? ... delete all previous connections because Windows does not permit multiple ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: XP Home & XP Pro - peer to peer
    ... Are you then using Guest only authentication on the XP Pro computer (either SFS ... Have you used the Registry Editor before? ... You can create a Registry patch by opening the Registry Editor, ...
  • Re: Enable Live Prieview
    ... I turned on the guest account from Control Panel, logged off then logged on as guest. ... So I logged out from guest, created a new administrator profile, logged on and copied 'My Documents' ... Local Settings inc hidden files and loads of other files} to an Ext HD. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)